How to Play Guitar
Everything You Need to Know to Play the GuitarBook - 1979
Detailed, nontechnical instructions, clear diagrams, and helpful professional advice cover choosing the right guitar, tricks for tuning, fundamental chords, reading music and tablature, rhythm guitar, fingerpicking, key signatures, and transposition.
In How to Play Guitar guitar players of all levels will find a wealth of instruction and inspiration. Whether you want to play pop, folk, country, rock, blues, jazz, classical, or any other style of music, you will pick up the basic techniques without tedious drills and exercises. Using real music and a step-by-step approach, How to Play Guitar will teach you about:
- Choosing and buying a guitar
- Tuning your instrument correctlyReading sheet music, guitar music, and tablature
- Playing melodies with chordsFingerpicking
- Mastering left-hand techniques, including sliding and bending notes
- Transposing melodies from one key to another and much more.