The Missing ManualBook - 2009
Presents step-by-step instructions for creating 3D images with Google SketchUp.
Ingram Book Company
This start-to-finish introduction to 3-D modeling unlocks the power of Google Sketch'p. It also explains how to use Sketch'p's tools for everything from furniture to buildings, and how to apply them in real-world situations.
A stalwart of the advertising and design community in the San Francisco Bay Area, Grover contributes a third volume to the series of practical handbooks on just about everything. Here he describes how to use what he calls the easiest program available to create three-dimensional models of buildings, furniture, and everyday objects, and has the added advantage of being free. Some previous experience drawing with computers would be helpful, he says, but rank amateurs can just pull the software off the Net and follow along in the book. He covers basic skills; building a house; advanced construction techniques; adding realism and movement; and saving, printing, and sharing projects. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
If you want to learn to create 3-D models using Google SketchUp, this Missing Manual is the ideal place to start. Filled with step-by-step tutorials, this entertaining, reader-friendly guide will have you creating detailed 3-D objects, including building plans, furniture, landscaping plans -- even characters for computer games -- in no time.
Google SketchUp: The Missing Manual offers a hands-on tour of the program, with crystal-clear instructions for using every feature and lots of real-world examples to help you pick up the practical skills you need. Learn to use the basic tools, build and animate models, and place your objects in Google Earth. With this book, you will:
- Learn your way around the SketchUp workspace, and explore the differences between working in 2-D and 3-D
- Build simple 3-D shapes, save them as reusable components, and use SketchUp's Outliner to show or hide them as you work
- Tackle a complicated model building with lots of detail, and discover timesaving tools for using many components
- Animate the model by creating an interior walkthrough of your building
- Dress up your model with realistic material shading and shadows, and place it in Google Earth
It's easy to get started. Just download the program from Google.com, and follow the instructions in this book. You'll become a SketchUp master in a jiffy.