Photoshop CS5Book - 2010
A guide to using Adobe Photoshop CS5 covers such topics as working with panels, creating a new document, managing layers, editing images, correction color and lighting, drawing with vector tools, and using filters.
Beginning with a basic discussion of the Photoshop CS5 user interface and finishing with more advanced topics like web integration, this manual walks the reader through many of the features of this popular photo manipulation software. The guide is divided into sections covering subjects such as layers, image correction, channels and filters and step by step instructions, including numerous screen shots, lead novice and intermediate users through many of the common functions of the application. Snider, a stock photographer and columnist for Macworld magazine, also includes information about preparing photographs for printing, both at home and with commercial offset presses. Links to on-line appendices that provide installation and troubleshooting help for the software itself are provided. Annotation ©2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
Photoshop CS5 is more amazing than ever, but it can be overwhelming if you're just getting started. This book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a conversational, friendly style -- with no technical jargon. After a thorough introduction to the program, you'll delve deep into Photoshop's secrets with expert tips and practical advice you can use every day.
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's efficient new workspace
- Unlock the power. Learn the best ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and more
- Bring images to life. Discover how to effectively retouch, resize, and recolor your photos
- Be artistic. Create beautiful illustrations and paintings, and use text effectively
- Share your work. Produce great-looking photos for print and the Web
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks
- Get bonus online content. Find more great material on the Missing CD page
Written with the clarity, humor, and objective scrutiny, Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual is the friendly, thorough resource you need.