A Complete Guide to Their Care and Color VarietiesBook - 2015
Keeping koi (often called "living jewels") in top-quality condition takes dedication and year-round care, but it is a challenge that thousands of koi enthusiasts are happy to accept in pursuit of perfection. They are a fiercely devoted group willing to spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to nurture, show and build their collection.
Written by a team of international experts, Koi: A Complete Guide to their Care and Color Varieties contains information and advice that incorporates the latest developments in koi research.
- Purchasing koi
- Body conformation, deportment, color, pattern, and quality
- The koi pond, including technology, like de-icers and warming tents
- Water quality and filtration
- Koi physiology, disease prevention, and good nutrition
- Showing koi, how to achieve optimal health, color and shine
- Designing and building a pond
- Identifying the many varieties of koi.
This book fulfils the need for a reasonably priced and up to date, expert guide on keeping koi. It is essential selection for all enthusiasts, from excited beginners to koi kichi ("koi crazy").
How to purchase and care for nishikigoi, decorative carp.